So what is From Plate to Page?It's an intensive hands-on 3-day workshop dedicated to food writing, styling and photography for an exclusive group of 12 participants, presented by no less than four instructors. What does this mean for you? It means you will get loads of personal attention and one-on-one time with each instructor as well as time for analysis and critique of all of your work. Days will be filled with innovative exercises and assignments pushing you to think out of the box and go beyond your own personal creative limits and expectations. There is group and individual participation at every step of the way, encouraging you to learn, reflect upon, understand, and improve your work.
From Plate to Page provides a unique forum for bloggers and professionals alike to have inspiring and invigorating discussions and exchange of ideas and experience. Not only will the workshop help you to enhance and hone your technical food writing, styling and photography skills, but it will also provide creative stimulation in a friendly and inspiring atmosphere.
Why choose From Plate to Page?There are many food blogging conferences and workshops around the world, but we feel that the From Plate to Page offering is unique in many ways:
- our unique dual focus and a 50-50 split between writing and photography instruction over the course of the weekend. This emphasis on the interrelation between the two skills is often neglected and we feel that developing them together is tremendously beneficial.
- the high instructor to delegate ratio is unprecedented and ensures ample opportunity for interaction with and feedback from instructors.
- the communal living arrangements of all our venues means that not only do participants get to know their instructors as friends as well as instructors, but strong bonds of friendship are also formed between participants.
- Participants and instructors tend to stay in touch with each other after our workshops, often meeting up again at other workshops, or embarking on joint projects together. In this way, attending a From Plate to Page workshop gives you access to a friendly and supportive alumni network that extends far beyond the weekend of the workshop.
- our careful choice of venues and caterers means that we are able to keep our costs, and therefore our prices, down - compare us to other similar residential workshops or conferences and you will soon see the Plate to Page difference!
Where and when is the next From Plate to Page workshop?
Our next workshop takes place from 10 - 13 May 2013 outside Dublin, Ireland at beautiful, historic Decoy Cottages. The cost per person is 750€ which includes:
- shared accommodation in double rooms for three nights in beautiful country cottages close to the city of Dublin,
- all meals
- all drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- transport to and from the venue of the field trip
The cost does not include travel to Ireland or from Dublin to and from the venue, insurance, or any personal purchases (e.g. gifts, souvenirs) during the weekend.
Have a look at the P2P Ireland Programme to see what to expect, or our FAQ page if you have any further questions. And if you are still not sure, have a look at the lovely things that previous participants have said about our workshops... and then register!
But hurry - available spaces are limited and selling out fast!